Monday, February 28, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.....


Today is my beloved's birthday.

For his birthday, Anthony wanted "a whole chicken"

No fear here.
I love roasting chickens.



I thought I'd get a head start yesterday;
roasting garlic and to make a butter for the skin.
(yum!)

I even left early today from work...
(early at GCS means when the kids leave instead of 5:30)


yet somehow, it's 8:30pm and we still haven't eaten...

Can you figure out why?


I was so excited about the sides.....
(leek stuffing wrapped in bacon, what?!!!)


I cooked the chicken UPSIDE DOWN.

Luckily for me, my husband didn't bat an eyelash....
and there is an abundance of presents, beer and pbs specials on horseshoe crabs in our house.

so we wait.... :-)
Happy Birthday Love!

2 comments:

American in Bath said...

Happy Birthday, Anthony.

Kara said...

Oh the red plate, I love it. Hey, Paul has to wait until 8:30 or later for dinner every night so Anthony's in good shape!