Sunday, June 12, 2011

This one takes the cake.


Portillos hotdogs are legendary.

Much like In-N-Out Burger or Pinkberry in Cali,
when people come to Chicago,
they eat at Portillos.


Any time I talk to Chicagians about hot dogs,
they say with surprise and disappoinment,
"You write a hotdog blog and have never been to Portillos?

Alright, I get it, I get it.
It's time.

And now I see what all the fuss was about.


Portillos is AWESOME.
Great food, inexpensive, and fast as lightning.

This place was PACKED when we came in
(it's two floors!)
and we still got our food in 5 minutes.


They also win extra points for crinkle fries.
They are my absolute favorite,
and I get super, ridiculously excited any time I get them
(especially with nacho cheese-yum!).

As you've probably noticed,
places often win me over because of fries, not hotdogs.


Hot-French-Fry-On-A-Cold-Night?

Oh, and if you go, get the chocolate cake.

If you're not a chocolate person
(like myself),
get the cake.

If you're on a diet,
get the cake and split it.

If you're stuffed full,
get the cake to go.


You too will be the happiest person on Earth
for those 5 minutes while you eat it.

And yes, there is a giant hotdog on my shirt.



No comments: