Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summertime.


When I think of summer,
there are a few things that always come to mind....

being by water
grilling out
reading
biking everywhere

(and of course)

fresh food

in this case,
Strawberries.

I love Strawberries as much as the next person.
But Strawberry Pie has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid.

Luckily for me,
dear Momma B has the easiest,
most to-die-for recipe.


I've already made it a couple of times this summer.
I'll use any excuse in the book as the reason.

Cookout at Steph and Molly's?
Of course Strawberry Pie would be a hit.

Liam's Birthday Party?
Who doesn't like Strawberry Pie on their birthday?

Nice man on our street corner 5 feet away from the door
selling fresh strawberries?
(by now I'm sure you know the answer....)


Unfortunately, I only have one shot of anyone actually eating the pie.

My good friend Greg used every excuse he could think of
to eat over half of the pie at Molly and Stephanie's.

It was hilarious, and I couldn't have been more amused.
(and yes, he was singing a song on his t-shirt keyboard while eating)

*kb





No comments: