Monday, July 16, 2012

Sleepless in Seattle....*

This past week, 
Anthony and I traveled to Seattle to celebrate 
our friends Mike and Katie for their wedding....


 In true Anthony and Kim form, 
travel arrangements got a bit crazy. 

6:30am 
Blue line to O'Hare for 8:25 flight.
6:50am 
Train conductor stops train due to electrical malfuntion. 
6:55am
Rush hour in a taxi
7:15
Rush hour in a taxi
7:45
Rush hour in a taxi
7:50 
Arrive at O'Hare. 
Told we cannot check bag because flight leaves in 40 min.
Leave Anthony with our bag. 
8:20
I get through security and sprint to the gate....
Only to have my bag checked before boarding
(enraging)
1:15
Anthony (luckily) catches the next flight out.
Mike made up a much more hilarious story
involving Anthony blowing a hammy and
yelling to me that he'd see me in Seattle...
which might be just as likely to happen...hahaha.  

Either way, luckily, he made it in that day
and it was time for food and merriment!

Legit clown bar that we went to the first night in town. 
Turns out my old pal Anthony Bourdain 
had been there the night before! 

It would have been my friend Jen's
(who hates clowns) worst nightmare in there.


The seafood was so good I almost cried. 
No joke.


And the pizza. 
And the donuts. 
Tears of joy at every meal. 


Neither of us had been to a destination wedding before...
but quickly realized the best part
with 30 of our closest friends were there to celebrate as well. 

Because of this, 
I didn't take the time to shoot much. 

Oops.

But....I definitely remembered to take pics the day 
we went fishing for delicious pinchy sea creatures.


Our fearless leader, Captain Ran-Dog


Fishing license in hand, 
let's do this.


After dropping our crabbing traps, 
we got to fish off the boat for about 4 hours. 
We quickly learned that sharks are the carp of the Sound. 

 Lo had the first catch of the day!




Joe easily had the greatest catch. 
He was pretty proud of himself, 
as you can see :-) 

At the end, we got to pull up our nets, 
which had 5 deliciously plump crabs for our hungry bellies. 


To our delight, Captain Randy
cooked our goodies right there on the ship.


Again, tears. 

 We even caught 3 huge star fish!

After stuffing our bellies, 
we ran back to our rooms with just enough time 
to make it to the rehearsal. 

The next night couldn't have been better. 
Again, barely any pics!
We were so busy dancing our booties off
that I didn't have any time for any more :-)



Best.Wedding.Dancing.Ever.
Those of you who were there,
I'm sure you totally agree. 
I wish I had video of some of the 
hilarity and dance-offs that happened. 
Oh well.


Mike and Katie, 
I wish you all of the best and love ya dearly!
It really was such a great trip.

 ***We barely slept at all on this trip. Too busy having fun!










No comments: