Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Every day is a good day.......some are just better than others.


My Grandpa Dale spent his first morning in heaven today. 

Although I know it was a joyous reunion for him 
and those waiting to greet him,  
it was a tough day for our family. 


I grew up next door to him and my Grandma, Carole.  
He was a constant example of a man living a Christ-centered life, 
was a wonderful husband and father, 
and taught me the value of hard work and a positive attitude.


In the summers when I was home from college, 
we spent every morning together on his porch solving word scrambles. 


He served in the Army, 
loved woodworking,
traveled the world, 
managed a bank, 
lead hymns at church, 
proudly visited every US state,
traded spy novels with Anthony, 
taught Business at a local College,
was a regular at Habitat for Humanity
and played a really mean game of cribbage. 

He was the best Grandfather a girl could ever have. 


Papaw, I know this was what is best for you;
you were ready to go home. 

All of us that you left behind are really sad though
and miss you already. 


Please pray for our family as we grieve this loss. 








2 comments:

Stacey Harding said...

Oh my gosh! So sorry to hear about your loss but what a special tribute to a very special man. Hugs and prayers for your wonderful family and thanks for showing us with photos over the years a great man and example to try to live up to. My heart is heavy tonight.
Stacey (Schuler) Harding

Melodee Staggers said...

Such a lovely, heartfelt tribute, Kim. I loved Uncle Dale. He was such an authentically good man. He was proud of you, I remember his account of a situation you acted with great calm and effective response in an emergency. He basically said, "She is such an amazing young lady." He will be missed.