Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy tree trimming!

Like most of you hot doggers out there, 
making me most happy this week 
was all things Christmas...

And more about our trip to DC soon, 
but first a quick little happy side note.  

Now that we have a tree, 
to our overjoyed surprise, a lot of people 
sent us ornaments as gifts to help us trim it. 

I've never really been 
much of a sentimental person, 
but having these pieces of family 
puts a smile on my face whenever I see them.


Now, instead of just candy canes and lights, 
we've got hand-painted trees from our nieces, 
a special family ornament from my grandma Sue, 
one from the White House,
and some great furry creatures from 
Jamey, Kate, Nick and Lindsey.

I know it may seem cheesy, 
but this makes me really really happy, 
so I don't care what any Scrooges think.

What traditions do you have with 
your family around the holidays? 

I think I just discovered mine. 
:-) 

Merry Christmas to all! 

No comments: